This weekend was the Beaverdale Fall Festival and it was our first after 3 years of living here! It was quite a chilly night, but we bundled up and headed out. I think that Ruby was a little over stimulated to say the least. There was music, food vendors, arts and crafts, carnival games and rides, etc.
Our first attempt was riding pony's. This is about as far as we got :) Ruby had no desire to touch or get on a pony and wanted her helmet off. Our fearless child finally proved that she is human and has fear somewhere inside.
Our next attempt was the Jumpin' Bean (bouncy house). They let me go in as well to help her out. I think I had a little more fun than Ruby did. See the look of terror on her face? I think I won bad mommy points at this point for trying to put her on a pony and then trying to make her jump in a big bean :)
Last attempt, taking a picture with the Famous Dave (bbq joint) pig. Notice how far behind the pig we actually are? Yes, once again Ruby was a little fearful of the ginormous pig.
It was fun overall despite all the failed attempts and we can't wait for next year again. Maybe a few degrees warmer next time!