bg

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas in a Wrap

What a great Christmas we had.  Mike, Ruby and I made the trek to NW IA/SD to visit my family.  We had the chance to stay with my sister, Amy, and her family which was absolutely great!  Her 3 kids provided ample amounts of play time for Ruby and entertainment for us adults :)  Check out the video I caught of Ruby showing off her dance moves in her princess dress...

Click HERE

Before we made it there though, we celebrated our own family Christmas at our house on the 23rd.  It was little surprise to us that Ruby took quite well to opening gifts and truly made it a great experience for Mike and I.  To see our little girl so grown up compared to last Christmas, healthy and with such a playful personality in full swing.  We loved it!  Here's Ruby showing off her new chair...my, my, my how she's got that lounge thing down already.


At my sister's house we got a glimpse of farm life once again.  Wide open spaces, cattle out your windows and plenty of sunrises and sunsets to show off.  Maybe some day we too can have that???  Either way, Ruby's morning perk was watching the cattle come towards the house for feeding.  Did I mention beautiful sunrises?  Check it out!


Mass destruction?  We're talking a marshmallow shooter people :)  She does look pretty rough and tough though holding a "gun".  The best though was when cousin Tatum pulled out the shooter on my dad (Papa) and popped Papa a few times with mallows..haha.


Thanks to the great weather the kiddos even took a stroll in the stroller!  Thanks to cousin Taryn (far right) for pushing them the whole way.


A proud moment for Mike and I was when Ruby got to take her FIRST TRACTOR RIDE.  Yep, Uncle Tim got to give her the first ride, and she loved it!  I held my own tongue against the color though...it was green and yellow.  Ewww :)