bg

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Break...What To Do With All Our Free Time?

That is a great question!  Luckily we have kept our time on break filled with all sorts of things, some planned and some not so planned. 

THURSDAY-Snow Day!
One of the best ways to start off Christmas break was a day early!  We kept pretty well hunkered down at home, but also had to reschedule a guys night/ladies night out thanks to the weather.  Ruby and I got out in the snow to play and clear off the drive way.  Must remember for next year, buy snow pants for Ruby before the snow flies!  Poor thing had layers of leggings on to make up for her mothers poor planning.  Not that I think she cared really :)

FRIDAY
Mike had a scheduled tube feeding replacement procedure, which is recommended every 6-8 months, so Ruby headed off to daycare while I made sure Mike and I got there in one piece, thanks to cruddy roads yet, and make sure he was fine once we got home.  After his appointment, Mike was feeling quite stiff all over, uncomfortable and just ready to take it easy. 

I then decided to hit up CarX for a quick repair before traveling for Christmas to NW Iowa to visit my family.  Quick?  Ha!  3 hours later our van was fixed, and I had put on some good miles walking the Merle Hay strip waiting for our van.  Thank goodness many of my errands could be done right on Merle Hay road.  Hair cut, Target, Verizon and window shopping :)  Friday night we nestled up at home once more, thanks in part to Mike not feeling quite up to par and once again, still cruddy roads.

SATURDAY
We all slept in 'til 7 and then it was breakfast.  Unfortunately, Mike's breakfast had to wait.  As soon as I went to give him a tube feeding, his tube fell out!  Yes, fell out!  Something hadn't worked out as well as planned and that explained why Mike felt so uncomfortable all night.  Instantly we both knew that an emergency room run was in our future and we packed up all of our stuff as quick as possible.  The 3 of us made it to the e.r. by 8:30 and checked in, crossing our fingers that things would move quickly and they would get to Mike before his stomach tried to "heal" the hole before they put in a new tube.  3 hours later we were finally headed to radiology for yet another tube feeding replacement procedure.  Only 1 day after he got a new one put in. 

Talk about frustration, but there was nothing else to do, but wait.  Finally at about 1 p.m. Mike had a new tube put in and then it was a matter of waiting nearly another hour waiting for some pain medication.  By that time, my patience were wearing thin and my positive demeanor wasn't looking so pretty anymore.  Ruby was beyond hungry, as was Mike and I and we all wanted out of our p.j.'s (yes, we all went in our best duds).  Finally at 2 p.m we were discharged and on our way home. 

Upon our arrival home, lunch was quickly made and ate, Ruby and Mike went down for a nap and I finally got my first cup of coffee for the day and cozied up on the couch.  Thank goodness for a quiet evening. 

SUNDAY
We hope for church in the morning, lazy Sunday naps in the afternoon and our own family Christmas in the evening.  Pictures to follow soon, I'm sure!

One side note...Ruby got to open her last countdown present and found the book, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.  Here's video proof just how much she loved it...

VIDEO HERE