bg

Saturday, September 4, 2010

So many changes, so little time!

Good Morning!  Yes it is 6 a.m.on a Saturday morning and Ruby and I (Kim) are playing away already.  I guess this is what happens when a routine sets in and she gets up for daycare at 6 a.m. during the week. 

Last weekend we had some visitors from afar.  Grandpa and Grandma Poll, Uncle Mitch, Aunt Kristin, Cousin Brady and Aunt Missy all came to visit us.  You would think after traveling 7-8 hours from Michigan they would want to relax, but they were hard at work all weekend helping Mike and I out with some things that we just hadn't gotten around too.  They washed our cars, painted some trim, mowed, aerated, and seeded the lawn, helped me put some meals in the freezer and even hit up a few garage sales :)  Kristin and I also tried to hold a photo shoot with Brady and Ruby. 


And then a car went by...talk about a short attention span!



We had such a great time with them and it's always sad to say goodbye, but soon we will be headed to Ann Arbor Michigan to catch a football game with all of them and the rest of the Poll clan. Mike is excited beyond words for that one, trust me!

Breakfast at Perkins before they headed back to Michigan.




Aunt Missy with two of her favorites.


Ruby has hit quite a few "milestones" this week and we couldn't be prouder...and a bit anxious for what's to come.  On Tuesday night I put Ruby down after her bottle and she up and crawled over to Mike.  What a proud daddy he was on that one!  Now we just need to get a gate.  She's already found the only 2 stairs in the house and is determined to find out what they are all about. 

Ruby showing off her crawling skills.  Notice how she refuses to let her "toy" go in order to crawl?


Then Ruby finally decided that baby food and rice cereal might actually be good.  She has conquered her pears and is headed for sweet potatoes next!  Her favorite of all is her Mum Mum's though.  A.K.A. rice cakes for babies :)

Baby food in the hair makes for a new fashion statement!


Also this week, Mike and I had the chance to attend the ALS Walk Kick-Off.  It was a great time and made us that much more excited about this years walk on October 16.  I promise more information will follow after this weekend.  We've got plenty to share so that will be it's own blog.

For Labor Day all three of us are headed to visit some great friends of ours, Brad and Racheal, in Williamsburg.  Yes, that is where the outlet mall is :)  We haven't seen them in awhile and are looking forward to spending some time with them and the rest of the clan that will be there.  Nothing better than great friends, food, and fellowship!

It's now 7 a.m. and I'm by myself.  Ruby is down for her morning nap and the house is quiet.  I better enjoy it while it lasts.  I think some coffee is calling my name.  Hope everyone's Labor Day weekend is great and we'll talk to you later!

Ruby was loving Brady.
 

This will be used for blackmail later in life for Brady and Ruby :)