Thanksgiving was spent up in Northwest Iowa with the De Jong family. We had pretty good travel and I must say the highlight was and always will be, was shopping on Black Friday with the rest of the crazies out in the wee hours of the morning looking for a deal! My mom, sisters, aunt, cousins and I had a great time. I even managed to check off all items on the Christmas list...yah! Too bad I didn't have a reason to go back to the western store in Beresford, SD. Right Amy, Gina and Mom!?!?!
| Ruby hanging out with Grandma De Jong |
Ruby was something else on trip and she continues to show off her personality, many faces, and humour. Check out the picture below and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
| No, she did not get a glimpse of my morning hair :) |
This past Tuesday afternoon Ruby had her 9 month check-up which went well as usual! Her stats are as follows:
Weight: 18 lbs. 9 oz., 50th percentile
Height: 29 inches, 90th percentile
Head Circumference: 19 inches...95th percentile
| Obviously she could care less about her weight...she's eating on the scale! |
The doc confirmed, we have a tall, slender child with a big noggin :) We couldn't love her more! Despite the appointment going well, that evening also brought Ruby's first bout of the stomach bug. Tough thing to watch when you can't do much for them. Needless to say she was fine by the morning, mom got a day home with her just in case, and by nightfall she had sunk my cellphone and eaten her fair share of toilet paper from the toilet! Yep, she is back in full-force people.
Mike and I are also doing well. This past Wednesday we got the chance to talk with a patient coordinator from the ALS office and fill us in on many of the questions we had. We can not thank the Iowa Chapter ALS Office here in Johnston (basically right in Des Moines) for everything they have done for us and continue to do for us. Our consultation went well and Mike and I have a much better understanding of what is out there for us and can start taking advantage of to make things a little easier.
Now we are anticipating the Christmas season with family and friends. Our tree is still standing (with a few ornaments a little skewed), the presents are wrapped (sorry Racheal N. ...Ruby ate the corner off of yours), and baking season has begun. Love it all!
Take care everyone and Happy Holidays a little early. We will be back after the holidays in full force with a recap of Ruby's 1st Christmas.