If anyone had the chance to catch the Michigan-Iowa game this past weekend you may have noticed a familiar face in the crowd. Mike was there!
| Jesse, Mike, Chris and Brian |
Three good friends from church treated Mike to a day away with the guys and caught some good college basketball. Regardless of what else happened Mike would tell you the day was a success because Michigan won in overtime!
In light of the overtime win, the day had much more to offer. From the time they got to the stadium to the time they left it was filled with perks, unexpected surprises, and far too many man jokes I'm afraid :)
Upon entering the stadium Mike caught the Michigan team unloading off the bus and making their way in. That alone was enough to make him excited for the rest of the day. Then when they found their seats, they were only 3 rows up from the court! Pre-game followed and after the team came out on the court, Mike had the surprise of his life. Coach Beilein (Michigan's head coach) came over to Mike, sat down beside him, and introduced himself!
Good friend, Brian, had set it up for Coach to meet Mike at the game. After meeting coach I'm not sure Mike really cared who won the game, but Michigan pulled it off and won in overtime (did I already mention that???)
Mike even made the coach's website :) If you scroll down to about 3:20 or so you'll see a picture of Mike with Coach. Check it out here! Mike's also pictured with Coach at the bottom of the page.
After the game Mike got one more glimpse of Coach as they ventured back out of the stadium. Coach was doing interviews and saw Mike coming with the rest of the guys. Coach then stopped his interview to get one more photo op with Mike! Talk about a happy camper!
| Coach was caught talking during the pic...Mike looks happy though! |
Mike's words wrap up the day the best, "I have some good days and I have some bad days, but this has been the best day in a long time!"
Go Blue!
p.s. Did I mention that they beat Iowa in overtime?