Yet another year has flown by and we found ourselves with a 2 year old staring at us from behind a cake. A lot has taken place in those two short years, but I'm still wondering how we went from a newborn who barely fit into size 0-3 months
to a 2 year old who claims everything as "Mine" and says "no" more than yes.
Although Ruby has no real idea what is going on and why we keep asking her how old she is, we made sure that everything was in place for the perfect birthday.
Daycare snacks ready to go!
A few decorations in the dining room despite how often Mike rolled his eyes.
Birthday girl in pj's anxiously waiting for Uncle Ryan and Ms. Amanda to arrive so she could open presents.
Blowing out her candles! Quite a big step after the "practice" birthday cake and refusing to blow out the candles because they were "Hot"!
Remains of Ruby's zebra striped cake...
The day after her birthday, playing in full force. Ruby loves her kitchen and even took a nap in her apron. Must I really say how much I am beaming?!?!
Overall it was a great day and Mike and I can not say enough what a blessing little Ruby is. We are definitely biased, but we believe we've got the cutest two year old around with a great little personality. Proof you say? Check out the pic below being held as black mail someday.
| Big girl briefs with her t-shirt tucked in...love it! |