bg

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dirt Burns

 So swinging has long been a favorite of Ruby's this summer and just swinging back and forth has lost it's luster I guess.  Tonight Ruby attempted her idea of what big kids do when swinging...

       lay back while swinging and stretch out your legs!  Sounds like a great idea!

Attempt #1
Swining quite low and lays back!  Finds herself on her back on the ground and tears start flowing

Attempt #2
Swinging even higher this time and lays back again!  Finds her back skidding across the gorund as she's sliding out of the swing.  Full blown tears and a dirt burn to prove it.  Check out the pic below.

Attempt #3-Yes there were at least 3 attempts! 
Swinging quite high again while moms pushing this time and she says, "No more lay down!"  Yah Mike and I think, as we know we have  finally gotten through to her.  Then to our great surprise she tries to lay forward and BAM...face plant into the dirt once again!  Swinging came to a quick halt after this attempt as Mike and I declared swinging over despite Ruby's efforts to get back on her more secure baby swing :)  That girl just won't give up!



Dirt Burn (once cleaned off it looked much better) and I love the leaves in her hair

 My, my, my we have one determined little girl!  Thank goodness she can still pull off a smile once  it's all done and sport her battle wounds as if nothing ever happened.  

Love ya tough little cookie!